Ludii Forum
Troble with being unable to play Throngs - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Troble with being unable to play Throngs (/showthread.php?tid=444)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Troble with being unable to play Throngs - dale walton - 02-19-2021

Got another one. 

All this time I haven't been able to find a way to leave the games.  I used the method to logoff, or just quit Ludii. - Or resign, but who wants to use that method.

So when I just joined your test chess game as a spectator, I figure, nothing to lose by Leave/resign, and it told me I am just a spectator don't mess with the game.  -- And that is when I realized that the remote menu games tab has a button for  "Leave" -- Only problem is that the button for leave is not activated so I can't press it.  I am not sure if when I am playing a game it is active either, at least it didn't seem to be for the hung games.  Also brings up, what is the function of the Start button, It seemed we could start moving without knowing about it. and I've not seen it activated either.

RE: Troble with being unable to play Throngs - MatthewStephenson - 02-19-2021

Hi,

Those Start and Leave buttons are only for tournaments (for starting or leaving one), not for regular games (hence why they are not activated).

Cheers,
Matthew

Also, just letting you know that we believe we have fixed the illegal move issue, and hope to push out a new release soon.

Cheers,
Matthew

So to leave a game in order to use the program locally, I have to logoff or shut Ludii down entirely? and if I want to join another game there  is no need to leave the one I'm in, as I will be switched automatically. (the second is convenient, but a little counterintuitive, the first requires re-logging in all the time.)

Is there any notice of when the opponent has moved, and if so do I need to be logged into receive it?

Hi,

Yes you're correct, I think you need to logoff in order to play local again.

I can probably add an option in the Game menu to leave the current game without needing to logoff (you will remain logged in).

Cheers,
Matthew

Thanks, that would be useful when developing and play testing at the same time.

How about an option to copy the status messages to the chat, so one can know about the pending moves (eg of several different games - or would that not work if the player is not active for the particular game?  -- Or maybe just an independent  "Your Turn for game ###" notification to the chat.

Assuming you are logged in, when it becomes your move in a game you are playing you should get a message in the status panel along the lines of "Game 623 is waiting for your move". Is this what you are requesting?

You can also manually copy any text form the status panel to the game chat message box in the remote dialog.

Cheers,
Matthew

If I have exited the game with your proposed function, while staying logged in, or while I am am playing another game, I am suggesting I get a notification as you say. - but I am rather suggesting it go directly to the chat in the remote window which is separate from my current game or development, so as not to be confused with the current activity because the message is inter-game info. Then I would be keeping both windows open. And switch to the task that needed attention.

But what you suggested of using the status tab would work also, if one got used to it.

RE: Troble with being unable to play Throngs - MatthewStephenson - 02-22-2021

Hi,

We've just uploaded a new version of Ludii which should address the online play issues.

If you spot any other problems please let us know Smile

Cheers,
Matthew