Ludii Forum
Mutant Y^3 - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mutant Y^3 (/showthread.php?tid=1535)

Mutant Y^3 - dale walton - 04-09-2023

Mutant Y^3  is a Fire & Ice / hierarchical Y variant based on Y connectivity rather than lines of the Fano plane.
It has 3 levels of islands rather than two, and has 3 parallel goals formed by permuting the primary, secondary and tertiary levels for the hierarchical win condition, making the win condition symmetrical under scaling operations.

Movement options like Fire and Ice are provided, but for simplicity, Placement as in 'Y' is the standard version

Features have been scripted to make this goal visible: Namely:
-- tripling the board and using parametric placements so that the 3 goals have the same appearance, one goal per board.
-- adding pieces to a hierarchical set of scoreboards to further assist in identifying progress and threats to attaining the goals.

Order 2 and order 3 triangle regions for short and long games.

The generalizations do affect performance of the AI and delay in loading as well.  The number of define substitutions for the Fire and Ice movement protocol is near the 1000 defines replacement limit.

There is one known bug, but it is in Ludii (sites Distance) - I am including a picture showing a site that should have been included, but was not. (lower left-hand corner of a triangle at distance 2 diagonally)

RE: Mutant Y^3 - Eric Piette - 04-18-2023

Hi,

Thanks for the submission. I added this game to Ludii for the next release.

However, I did not understand the bug you mentioned or what to look or understand with the trl you submitted.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Mutant Y^3 - dale walton - 04-19-2023

Please look at the picture I included.

The Sites Distance Ludeme  is not working consistently: In each of the three main areas of the board the available (to) locations are generated by the  (sites Distance) Ludeme and should produce the same result: all the sites in one triangle with the moving white piece (or its equivalent) should be selected as they are all withing the distance range of the ludeme.  However, in the circled case, they are not: the far lower left site in the  circled triangle marked X should be-, but is not-, in the (to) set.

This problem is visible when Show Legal moves is on and a piece is selected for movement in the game options that use fire-and-Ice type moves. The buggy ludeme is also commented in the script.

This is actually a longstanding issue that is hard to isolate in game scripts to demonstrate to you as a bug, and is a reason that I normally avoid the (sites Distance) ludeme, it should be a priority fix, as it may unpredictably affect the play of other games in your database.

RE: Mutant Y^3 - fuerchter - 04-19-2023

Here is a simpler .lud that will demonstrate the issue. It also occurs on boards of different sizes and on <hexShapeType> of Hexagon instead of Triangle e.g.

Note that this thread also mentions (sites Distance), could possibly be worked on while you are looking at this.

RE: Mutant Y^3 - dale walton - 04-24-2023

Thanks for isolating it. Now that it is easy to study, I hope it gets corrected soon.