Ludii Forum
Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 (/showthread.php?tid=91)

Pages: 1 2

Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - JayCoskey - 07-24-2020

I've attached is an implementation of a 3-player variant of hexagonal chess called Wellisch Chess.

Since this forum doesn't accept files with a "def" suffix, I've attached the ai file as a text file.

This is the last of the hexagonal chess variants that I had planned to implement.

Thanks to Cameron Brown and Dennis Soemers for their assistance!

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - cambolbro - 07-24-2020

Hi Jay,

Thanks for that! We'll look at porting it to the new v1.0.0 format and adding it to our games collection.

Regards,
Cameron

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - MatthewStephenson - 07-24-2020

Hi Jay,

Thanks for pointing out the issues with the "def" suffix.
This have now been corrected, I have re-attached your original def as an example.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - DennisSoemers - 07-24-2020

I've been having a brief look at porting this game to Ludii 1.0.0. Mostly requires some coordinates to be updated. To help myself doing that, I also opened up your game in the older 0.9.4 version to check which coordinates in the old version match which coordinates in the real version. The old version (so the ones you used when writing the game if I'm not mistaken) is in the attached image.

In your game description, I found this snippet though, which appears to be using coordinates which don't exist (or didn't exist back in 0.9.4):

Code:
        (map "King"      {(pair 1 "I4") (pair 2 "A3") (pair 3 "H11")})
        (map "RookLeft"  {(pair 1 "G2") (pair 2 "A5") (pair 3 "J11")})
        (map "RookRight" {(pair 1 "J5") (pair 2 "A2") (pair 3 "G11")})

For example, I can't find "A3" and "A5" in the image. I didn't check whether these maps are actually still being used though... if they aren't, I guess it's irrelevant. But otherwise, what should those coordinates be?

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - JayCoskey - 07-25-2020

Hi Dennis,

Good catch. I'd tested the variants submitted for v0.9.3 using a feature matrix. Wellisch Chess was the last variant. I was stuck for a while on how to get the end conditions to work. When finally I did, I submitted it without without testing castling or stalemate.

Attached are versions of Wellisch Chess for Ludii v0.9.4 and v1.0.0 with castling working.

Cheers,
Jay

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - cambolbro - 07-25-2020

Hi Jay,

Have you tried the Ludii editor yet (under File > Editor)?

If not, you might find them useful. Right clicking on a token brings up help for its ludeme and lists alternatives that can replace the token with a click.

Regards,
Cameron

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - JayCoskey - 07-26-2020

Hi Cameron,

I looked at the Ludii editor briefly, but it's not the editor I've been using.

FWIW, a right click doesn't bring up the ludeme help info, but typing out a ludeme name does---on a MacBook Pro running Mojave (macOS v10.14.6) and Java 11.0.2.

Cheers,
Jay

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - Eric Piette - 09-12-2020

Hi,

Your lud file adapted to the latest release version will be included in our next release.

Regards,
Eric Piette

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - JayCoskey - 09-12-2020

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with the other versions of hexagonal chess that I submitted.

Cheers,
Jay

RE: Wellisch Chess for Ludii 0.9.4 - Eric Piette - 09-12-2020

Hi Jay,

If you can take a look of Shafran Chess you submitted in another thread to adapt it too to the last release, that would be cool, but if you do not have the time for it, I will do it for the next one I think (probably Monday) :)

Regards,
Eric Piette