Ludii Forum
Symple by Christian Freeling - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Symple by Christian Freeling (/showthread.php?tid=884)

Symple by Christian Freeling - Michael - 03-25-2022

I have been in touch with Christian now, and he is happy to have the game included in Ludii.
I have not written the info metadata, but the game logic is complete.

The only thing that needs to be added to a general description of the rules is a note on how growing is implemented in Ludii: 
When you grow your groups, you repeatedly add a grey stone adjacent to a friendly group – making sure to never place so that a friendly group is adjacent to more than one grey stone – then, when no more grey stones can be placed, all grey stones are replaced with stones of your color.

RE: Symple by Christian Freeling - Eric Piette - 04-01-2022

Hi,

I added it to Ludii. It will be in the next release.
Thanks for the submission.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Symple by Christian Freeling - Michael - 04-05-2022

(03-25-2022, 06:08 PM)Michael Wrote: When you grow your groups, you repeatedly add a grey stone adjacent to a friendly group – making sure to never place so that a friendly group is adjacent to more than one grey stone – then, when no more grey stones can be placed, all grey stones are replaced with stones of your color.

An arguably simpler way of saying that: When you grow, you place grey stones adjacent to your groups until each of your groups is adjacent to exactly one grey stone. At no point may a group of yours be adjacent to more than one grey stone. When your turn ends, all grey stones are replaced with stones of your color.

RE: Symple by Christian Freeling - Michael - 04-08-2022

The text in the rules description has been cut mid-sentence.. In 1.3.3, that is. But thanks for the new release!

RE: Symple by Christian Freeling - Eric Piette - 04-19-2022

Hi,

Could you send me the text you would like to have in the rules tab?

Regards,
Eric

RE: Symple by Christian Freeling - Michael - 04-20-2022

(04-19-2022, 08:15 AM)Eric Piette Wrote: Could you send me the text you would like to have in the rules tab?

Players alternate making a move. White plays with the white stones and makes the first move, Black plays with the black stones. On his turn, a player may choose either a) to place a stone on the board without contact to other stones of his color in order to start a new group, or b) to grow all possible groups by one stone. When you grow your groups in this implementation, you place grey stones adjacent to your groups until each of your groups is adjacent to exactly one grey stone. At no point may a group of yours be adjacent to more than one grey stone. When your turn ends, all grey stones are replaced with stones of your color.

For balancing, there is an extra rule: Black is allowed to grow all his groups and place a single stone as long as neither player has not yet grown any groups.

The game ends when the board is filled in. The score is the number of stones each player has on the board minus 'P' times the number of groups he has, where 'P' is en even number of 4 or higher (the Ludii implementation also allows 0 and 2 as values of 'P'). With an even penalty and an odd boardsize, draws are not possible.

RE: Symple by Christian Freeling - Eric Piette - 04-20-2022

Thanks. I updated them.

Eric