Ludii Forum
3D Game Board Cube - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ludii Features / Services (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 3D Game Board Cube (/showthread.php?tid=88)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - Eric Piette - 01-10-2022

Hi,

Still no progress on 3D games, we are now entering the last full (official) year of the Digital Ludeme Project, so we have to be focused on results for the project, if we are working at some point on that, be sure, I am going to come back to you.

Regards,
Eric

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - QuaGamer - 01-10-2022

Understood. Project goals come first.

What are the prospects for additional funding after the Digital Ludeme Project completes?

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - Eric Piette - 01-10-2022

Hi,

We are looking for more grants from Netherlands and Europe which potentially can continue to involve Ludii.

But personally, I am going to continue to use it (probably a lot) for future research on General Game Playing, so for sure, Ludii is going to continue to be improved in the future. And probably the same for Cameron, Matthew and Dennis.

Regards,
Eric

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - QuaGamer - 01-11-2022

(01-10-2022, 12:10 PM)Eric Piette Wrote: Hi,

We are looking for more grants from Netherlands and Europe which potentially can continue to involve Ludii.

But personally, I am going to continue to use it (probably a lot) for future research on General Game Playing, so for sure, Ludii is going to continue to be improved in the future. And probably the same for Cameron, Matthew and Dennis.

Regards,
Eric

Great!

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - QuaGamer - 01-14-2022

On a separate thread, you said you might implement "Perpendicular" as an additional option to Orthogonal and Adjacent. I suggest adding U and D to Axial instead.

If you do that, the only thing stopping implementation of Qua is the graphical representation of a cube <Board> = (layers <Board> (square <Board>) ) ludeme, which can be as simple as the rectangle look and feel of the 3D Tic-Tac-Toe implementation. 

Attached is a qua_workaround.lud file I wrote that is an attempt for a Qua implementation. I tried to compile it and got this error message: "Exception during game creation: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException" 

When you get a chance please take a look at what may be causing this error. Thanks!

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - QuaGamer - 01-19-2022

I changed the numbering of the layers for sites in player 3's regions from Layer 1 ... Layer <Board> to Layer 0 ... Layer (- <Board> 1) but the new Qua_workaround2.lud file (attached) still doesn't compile.

I now get the error message: "The game could not be compiled, but no specific error was identified."

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - QuaGamer - 10-24-2022

Regarding the 3D cube ludeme, i would recommend an implementation that makes rotations of the cube easy to implement. in other words, allow 3D rotations of the cube game board that do not change the relative relationships between occupied cells. This would be like an extension of the 2D 180 degree rotation in chess to view the board with black pieces in front and white pieces in back. A lot more complicated though, since there are 6 simple rotations that can be performed multiple times to create 24 possible view orientations.

Any estimate for when someone will start working on this cube ludeme?

RE: 3D Game Board Cube - QuaGamer - 03-10-2024

Hi Eric, et al.,
Do you have an estimate on when someone will start implementing the cube ludeme? I would be glad to help test, review design options, etc.

-Woody