Ludii Forum
Netted - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Netted (/showthread.php?tid=671)

Netted - dale walton - 08-12-2021

The attached version of Netted is playable, and the only outstanding bug I see is the issue of duplicated diagonals, which is cosmetic, and said to be already fixed in your next release.

The AI can barely manage small boards, but the response on larger boards is now acceptable for human to human play.

A new feature stemming from the method of testing for suicides is the groups of pieces with only a single liberty, can be shown in a different "warning" color.

Please review it and consider it for inclusion in Ludii.

RE: Netted - dale walton - 08-18-2021

I take it that means it will be in the next release

RE: Netted - Eric Piette - 08-18-2021

Hi,

I am coming to you when I have the time to look at your post. willismopi is just a regular forum member, not a member of the Ludii team.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Netted - Eric Piette - 08-18-2021

Hi,

Ok, I looked at it and I can add it for the next release.
We will probably do a release Friday, so then please check that everything is like you wanted :)

Regards,
Eric

RE: Netted - dale walton - 08-19-2021

Sorry, this should have been posted in player problems section...

I checked, and I see that the diagonals and maybe other code is double executing, which might be causing performance penalties.  I don't know why it is happening, but I do know the script seems to be fragile and small changes to the structure cause it to fail.

To illustrate the double diagonals I am attaching a version that uses apply instead of and when adding diagonals and setting there direction. See the "ApplyInsteadOfAnd" define

In this case, the states are set before placement (I assume because that is the logic "remove" requires) - The result is the first state is ignored then the diagonal is placed, then the second state execution occurs then another diagonal is placed without a subsequent state update, leaving that one in state 0 - So, then it is easy to see that these actions are executing twice because they don't overlap.

But I don't know where this doubling of consequences is creeping in.  It is in the implemented version, but not too visible (it just makes the diagonals look darker than the other connections because the connecting pieces are transparent.)

RE: Netted - Eric Piette - 08-20-2021

Hi,

I have unfortunately not enough time to look at the details of your file for this action applied twice but I can tell you that's not going to make the game much slower, probably just a little bit for this case. So that will mostly just make these diagonal edges pieces to be darker.
The ludemes which can make the game really slower are the ones that are copying completely the context/states like using too many (do .... ) for example.

Anyway, for this case, if you really want to fix that, you will have to comment part by part of your description until you detect which part is generating twice the action to add the edges.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Netted - sarausa0106 - 04-01-2024

I will review the interesting features that the information you shared about that game.
slither io