Ludii Forum
Can't set an AI opponent - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Can't set an AI opponent (/showthread.php?tid=554)

Can't set an AI opponent - slimy_asparagus - 04-25-2021

Since the upgrade to 1.1.17 I can no longer set an AI opponent. I know I can go into preferences and set it, but the change does not stick. There is no "apply" or "ok" button there.

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - cambolbro - 04-25-2021

Hi,

Thanks for the report, we'll look into it next week (Kings Day holiday in the Netherlands).

Regards,
Cameron

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - dale walton - 04-25-2021

I did notice it works differently now. there is no drop down list on the main window, but instead, clicking on the player opens a popup that has the settings for them, and an apply button. I didn't try opening from the main menu preferences...

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - slimy_asparagus - 04-26-2021

(04-25-2021, 04:59 PM)dale walton Wrote: I did notice it works differently now.  there is no drop down list on the main window, but instead, clicking on the player opens a popup that has the settings for them, and an apply button.  I didn't try opening from the main menu preferences...
Dale,

Thanks. You are correct however it does not help. I still don't have an apply button.

In fact in some ways all that has really changed for me is that the AI dropdowns etc. have disappeared.

It has always been the case clicking on the GUI player brings up the preferences tab.

It has always been the case that the preferences tab did not have an Apply button.

Just in the past the changes used to stick and now they don't.

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - MatthewStephenson - 04-28-2021

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot showing how the preferences tab looks on your computer? It should look something like the attached image.

It might also be that the preferences tab is too small for the apply button to be seen, so I would also try resizing it bigger to see if the apply button appears.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - slimy_asparagus - 04-28-2021

Here is how it looks by default.

[Image: pic6138397.png]
Basically the dialog is taller than my screen. I can resize it but then it looks like this:

[Image: pic6138398.png]
By the way I have noticed that it does seem to write the change to the preferences file. So if I restart Ludii it will be there. I just can't change it without restarting Ludii.

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - MatthewStephenson - 04-28-2021

Hi,

Okay yes, your resolution is too low so the preferences tab can't fit.
I'll see if I can add a scroll bar or something similar for the next release version.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - dale walton - 05-20-2021

Is there a reason we should need to scroll down? There is not much info in the popup, so there should be plenty of space to eliminate between the top and the bottom.

RE: Can't set an AI opponent - MatthewStephenson - 05-21-2021

Hi,

Thanks.
I will be reworking the preferences popup at some point in the future to avoid these issues :)

Cheers,
Matthew