Ludii Forum
"Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 (/showthread.php?tid=506)

"Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - Michael - 03-12-2021

Every time I load a game usingĀ "DoubleCounter" and/or "Counter" the pieces are invisible. It does not help to restart.

(There is also a graphical glitch when I use load recent to load a game from my local drive after having loaded a game from the repository. Some graphical metadata seems to bleed over.)

(And: I just tried to load a game from my local drive, and then load a game from the repository, but the graphics from the local file was all I could see still.. )

(For the two problems in parentheses it does help to restart.)

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - MatthewStephenson - 03-12-2021

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot replicate either of these issues.

For example in English draughts I can see the pieces fine. You could try deleting your ludii_preferences.json file to see if this is causing the problem.

For the second problem, could you please attach a .lud which can be used to show the issue, along with instructions to replicate it consistently (i.e. which games are you selecting using which menu options)

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - Michael - 03-13-2021

Deleting the preferences file didn't help, I'm afraid. I also tried running Ludii from the terminal, but did not get any error messages. The issue does not seem to have anything to do with the latest version either, as I tried an earlier version and had the same issue.

I'm on a MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina, if that could matter.

The preferences window needs a scroll bar or something, by the way. I can't see the entire thing.

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - MatthewStephenson - 03-15-2021

Hi,

Sorry I'm not really sure what the issue could be. If you have another computer you could try on that and see if you get the same issue.

For the metadata glitch, do you have a reliable method of reproducing it?

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - Michael - 03-17-2021

I'm sorry, but I haven't had time to work on this. But I did stumble upon further issues, most probably related. I have attached an image of Tic-Tac-Toe. As you can see, the crosses are not showing, and (what) returns 0 no matter what I feed it.. I even gave it a number that does not correspond to a site, and it returned 0. On my other computer (where I have none of these problems) it does not return anything when at: is not given a site.

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - MatthewStephenson - 03-17-2021

Hi,

If you open the SVGViewer (View -> View SVG), Can you see the Cross and counter piece images?

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - Michael - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 02:52 PM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi,

If you open the SVGViewer (View -> View SVG), Can you see the Cross and counter piece images?

Cheers,
Matthew
I cannot see them.. Hm. The first times this happened the counters would briefly flash when the game loaded. Not anymore.

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - MatthewStephenson - 03-18-2021

Hi,

Sorry I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be...

As far as I know nobody else has had this problem, and I think you said yourself that it was only on this PC...

If you know the Java version you are using, and what your hardware specs are please let us know, then if this problem occurs again in the future we might be able to find the common factor.

Also, for your tic-tac-toe bug, could you try replacing the cross with some other piece name that is visible to you and seeing if you still get a what value of zero on those sites? You can just open the Ludii editor for the game when it is loaded and replace any reference to "Cross" with another svg name which you can see.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: "Counter" and "DoubleCounter" not showing in 1.1.16 - Michael - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 07:21 AM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Also, for your tic-tac-toe bug, could you try replacing the cross with some other piece name that is visible to you and seeing if you still get a what value of zero on those sites? You can just open the Ludii editor for the game when it is loaded and replace any reference to "Cross" with another svg name which you can see.
Good idea. That bug disappeared, though. Not sure how to reproduce it. Probably has to do with the file I loaded from my drive before that. The issue started when I was working on that game.