Ludii Forum
MacBeth by Christian Freeling - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: MacBeth by Christian Freeling (/showthread.php?tid=493)

MacBeth by Christian Freeling - thorsilver - 03-08-2021

MacBeth is a translation of Othello/Reversi to the hexhex-6 board, with some cells removed to reduce the branching factor and increase clarity.  The game can be played in 'Othello Mode', where white and black stones are pre-placed alternating on the six central cells of the board, or in 'Reversi Mode', where players take turns filling in those six central cells before starting the game proper.  As in Othello/Reversi, players alternate placing discs of their colour in such a way that they capture enemy lines of pieces custodially, causing them to flip to their colour.  The player with the most discs on the board when no more moves are available for either player wins the game.

I really like MacBeth as a different spin on Othello, so I decided to make it work in Ludii.  I left the colour scheme the same as Reversi, but of course that could be changed if matching the colour scheme from MindSports is preferable.

NB: there are some warnings about multiple decision actions, but I'm not sure why -- after numerous test games I've not seen any errors in terms of the legal moves available or the scoring.

[Image: Image-1615224996281.png] [Image: Image-1615225002453.png]

RE: MacBeth by Christian Freeling - Eric Piette - 03-09-2021

Hi,

For the warning, that was because the ludeme (append ...) can return multiple decision actions, that has no effect on anything so all is fine when that happens, but just in case I fixed (append ...) to return at the maximum one decision action, so the warning should disappear with the next release.

Concerning the game, thanks for the submission. Do you have the permission from Christian to publish it with Ludii? Or should we contact him?

Regards,
Eric

RE: MacBeth by Christian Freeling - thorsilver - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 07:45 AM)Eric Piette Wrote: Hi,

For the warning, that was because the ludeme (append ...) can return multiple decision actions, that has no effect on anything so all is fine when that happens, but just in case I fixed (append ...) to return at the maximum one decision action, so the warning should disappear with the next release.

Concerning the game, thanks for the submission. Do you have the permission from Christian to publish it with Ludii? Or should we contact him?

Regards,
Eric

I have asked Christian whether he will give his permission, and will update this thread when I receive a response.

RE: MacBeth by Christian Freeling - thorsilver - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 07:07 PM)thorsilver Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:45 AM)Eric Piette Wrote: Hi,

Regards,
Eric

I have asked Christian whether he will give his permission, and will update this thread when I receive a response.

Christian has granted permission, I will send the details through to you Eric.

RE: MacBeth by Christian Freeling - Eric Piette - 03-10-2021

Hi,

Ok great so I am adding that game, it will be in the next release.

Regards,
Eric