Ludii Forum
Player bug: The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Player bug: The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. (/showthread.php?tid=489)

Player bug: The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. - dale walton - 03-06-2021

The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. (79:570242)
Started appearing continuously on my screen some time after setting up t game offers for Throngs, and then opening Throngs from file I believe from the one in the release (Game Hashcode: -438115467) and then choosing a new option for the board from the option menu.

I went on to do other things so I didn't not the error until later. What is the cause? I just tried to re-choose the original board, the tabs open up to choose but the selection is frozen, for some time Then it compiled and the messages continued.  They stopped when I logged out.  However - reopening remote I see that I have not logged out. and don't seem to be able to

Note that after starting a game with LSVOR sometime ago he has been labelled as player 2, this is not automatically cleared on leaving, but I didn't bother to change it., but no one that I know of has joined the new game yet.

Compiled Throngs successfully.
dale walton to move.
Note for Player 2: Start move 1.
lvsor_ to move.
Logged in as: dale walton.
-------------------------------------------------
dale walton to move.
Joined game as player number 2
dale walton to move.
  to move.
Joined game as player number 1
  to move.
dale walton to move.
dale walton to move.
The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. (79:570242)

After changing to the original board, this appeared briefly:

dale walton to move.

I have not killed Ludii yet, is there anything you want me to try?

RE: Player bug: The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. - dale walton - 03-06-2021

I Quit Ludii and restarted, Logged in and joined mthe two games I had created - so far so good. Thorsilver had a problem with his initial move but is OK now, and it is his first time. I think my system must have had the remains of the hung 1.1.15 game still in its system, and logging back into the new games may have cleared everything up.... I hope so.

Thanks for investigating.

RE: Player bug: The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. - MatthewStephenson - 03-08-2021

Hi Dale,

Yes this is likely caused by the Ludii player somehow keeping some previous logged in details about you (such as your prior player hashcode), even though the server believes you have logged out or logged in again with a new hashcode.

This should not happen normally, but could possibly happen due to an an error in the player (like if it hangs) or if the server experiences temporary issues.

I'll add an additional message to this error, that the user should make sure they have logged out of the App, wait a couple of minutes, then try logging in again. Our server automatically logs a user out if they haven't managed to contact the ludii player in that time, so this should be a reliable way of solving the problem if it happens again.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Player bug: The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. - dale walton - 03-08-2021

Thanks