Ludii Forum
Turns - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Turns (/showthread.php?tid=404)

Turns - dale walton - 02-01-2021

Many games I've scripted have problems with the correct recording of turns (ie in the listing, for my games, at least, I want each turn to represent exactly one player's decisions, but they get grouped by type of move instead)

The Ludii Player knows who is playing because it controls who is playing, so I don't understand how it can't figure this out when listing the turns taken.  It seems this is low priority as it has been going on since I started using Ludii (before 1.1.0)

RE: Turns - Eric Piette - 02-01-2021

Hi Dale,

We do not really understand what you mean. Can you explain and (more important) showing us an example with the problem you mention and with what that should be instead?

Regards,
Eric

RE: Turns - dale walton - 02-01-2021

Hi,
I don't have a lot of examples because I keep changing the structure of the code until it eventually works.  However it does show up in the Throngs game, where moves are selected by site and/or by piece.  The result is the site moves (placements) are not grouped by moving player (and they are even the moving player's pieces so it shouldn't be happening).  Here is a screenshot of a few random moves made playing Throngs.  Note in the turn register, that  Turn 5. contains 47+Ball1, 56+Ball2 ...etc  those balls were placed by different movers.  47+Ball1 should have been part of Turn 4.

Also each turn has 2 phases in this game, that is in the logic of the game itself they are double turns, and one phase is the first turn the second phase is the second turn of the same player. Each phase contains repeated moves by one player.  It would be nice if these phase breaks could be shown.  But I am OK with having them all lumped together into one players overall turn. - but not with breaking between moves and placements of the same player, and not breaking between placements of different players.

RE: Turns - Eric Piette - 02-04-2021

Hi,

I tried to replay the sequence of moves in the screenshot and I got the right turns (according to which players is playing and not what is in your screenshot).
So can you try with the last release version and if you have something with such a bug to send me a trial + screenshot to check?

Regards,
Eric

RE: Turns - dale walton - 02-04-2021

My latest release  is 1.1.13 is there a newer one to try?

I re-ran the script. Freshly opened terminal and opened Ludii

The last game I loaded before was not Throngs. In the terminal I got:

dale@dale-System-Product-Name:~$ cd /home/dale/Ludii
dale@dale-System-Product-Name:~/Ludii$ java -jar Ludii-1.1.13.jar
External .lud has been modified since last load.

Compiled Surakarta successfully.

Then I selected the Throngs script that I sent you and got:

Compiled Throngs successfully.

The result was identical to the last time I ran it.  I am attaching the  Moves listing as well to see if it can help. Are there any configuration files that need to be cleared from past implementations??

This is my Java version
openjdk version "11.0.9.1" 2020-11-04
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.9.1+1-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.9.1+1-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04, mixed mode, sharing)

I am still getting these warnings, that you may have already fixed on your side - could it be related? See the status window attachment.

RE: Turns - Eric Piette - 02-05-2021

Hi,

Yes the warnings are fixed.
And yes that's probably because of that, because the mover were buggy (0) so I guess the turn detection to print the moves too.

I run your trial and I get the correct behavior in the turn tab.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Turns - dale walton - 02-05-2021

That's good news. I look forward to the next release