Ludii Forum
Possible Stacking Issue - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Possible Stacking Issue (/showthread.php?tid=358)

Possible Stacking Issue - slimy_asparagus - 01-08-2021

I am stuck on a new Stacking issue. I have been sitting on this for a while to see if inspiration dawned, but none has.

I enclose some simplified code that exhibits the issue and a trial.

So the rules in this simplified code are:

1.You can place your "A" anywhere on the outer edge. When you do so a "B" is put in your hand.
2. You can then place your "B" anywhere next to or on top of your "A" so long as it is on the edge.

In the trial all players decide to put their pieces on the same square, stacked one on top of each other. However the game decides that P1 has won, when she places her "B" piece. I cannot see why and it should not be the case.

RE: Possible Stacking Issue - Eric Piette - 01-11-2021

Hi,

The trial you posted here does not seem to be correct for that game.
I can see the first move is from the site 13 but in the game for the first move the legal moves are only from 12.
Moreover, in the trial you have a move from a site 14 but the game has sites from 0 to 13.
So that's not possible to test what you suggest with that.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Possible Stacking Issue - slimy_asparagus - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 07:35 AM)Eric Piette Wrote: Hi,

The trial you posted here does not seem to be correct for that game.
I can see the first move is from the site 13 but in the game for the first move the legal moves are only from 12.
Moreover, in the trial you have a move from a site 14 but the game has sites from 0 to 13.
So that's not possible to test what you suggest with that.

Regards,
Eric

Eric,

It looks like the trial was from the mainline code before I simplified it down. As I said I sat on it for a while so I probably forgot what was what. The .lud still has the issue I describe. I attach a freshly generated  trial.

RE: Possible Stacking Issue - Eric Piette - 01-11-2021

Apparently that's simply because the ending conditions are:

(end (if (no Moves Next) (result Mover Win)))

And after the last move of your trial, the next player has no legal move so that's the end of the game.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Possible Stacking Issue - slimy_asparagus - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 04:14 PM)Eric Piette Wrote: Apparently that's simply because the ending conditions are:

(end (if (no Moves Next) (result Mover Win)))

And after the last move of your trial, the next player has no legal move so that's the end of the game.

Regards,
Eric

But the next player had a perfectly legal move of moving their "B" on to sites 1,2,5 or 8.
I am asking why Ludii is not recognizing that.

RE: Possible Stacking Issue - Eric Piette - 01-12-2021

Hi,

I checked and that's because your ludemexplex

("VicinityOfAnatomy" (+ ("AnatomicalValue" (from)) 1))

Has no outer sites (probably that's an empty set) at the end of your trial. Consequently no legal moves for the next player so end of the game.

So that's simply a problem in the logic you describe here.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Possible Stacking Issue - slimy_asparagus - 01-12-2021

Okay I think I have an idea what the problem is. I believe it's not so much the logic as the geometry. It is a stacking issue, but more that I am not working with the Ludii way of stacking adequately. I think I will have to change my whole approach again. This will probably also solve an unrelated problem I had not even raised yet.