Ludii Forum
I see what you did there - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: I see what you did there (/showthread.php?tid=354)

Pages: 1 2

I see what you did there - slimy_asparagus - 01-03-2021

I am having a go at programming Battleships in Ludii. In my head at least I think I have got all the solutions to the problems mapped out.

Obviously a hot-seat approach is never going to work. But when I set a Human (me - at least I claim to be Human on the internet) against the Ludii AI (and I believe you when you say they are not little Elves inside my computer) I can totally see what the Elves AI is doing, because I get to see what it is doing whilst it is thinking.

I attach some code. At the moment it is more like a strange version of Tic-TAc-Toe but I thought this Hiddenness issue was worth raising.

RE: I see what you did there - cambolbro - 01-03-2021

Hi,

Do you mean that the AI visualisation reveals where its pieces are? The simple solution is to turn off have View > Show AI Distribution so that this info is not shown. We could disable AI visualisation for hidden information games.

Regards,
Cameron

RE: I see what you did there - slimy_asparagus - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 10:32 AM)cambolbro Wrote: Hi,

Do you mean that the AI visualisation reveals where its pieces are? The simple solution is to turn off have View > Show AI Distribution so that this info is not shown. We could disable AI visualisation for hidden information games.

Regards,
Cameron

Cameron,

Thanks for the response.

I have actually never turned "Show AI Distribution" on. Now I have tried it I can see what you mean. You probably should disable that in hidden information games (except I suppose in developer mode).

However what I was saying is that you can you see exactly what it the AI is doing without that option turned on.

RE: I see what you did there - MatthewStephenson - 01-04-2021

Hi,

Can you check that "Hide AI moves" is selected in the Advanced tab of the Preferences dialog?

By default this should be selected, but it may have been disabled at some point.
With this option selected, you should not be able to see what the AI does during its turn.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: I see what you did there - slimy_asparagus - 01-04-2021

Matthew,

Thanks so much. That resolves it.

Nicholas

RE: I see what you did there - slimy_asparagus - 01-08-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:19 AM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi,

Can you check that "Hide AI moves" is selected in the Advanced tab of the Preferences dialog?

By default this should be selected, but it may have been disabled at some point.
With this option selected, you should not be able to see what the AI does during its turn.

Cheers,
Matthew

Matthew,

Actually that only resolved one aspect of it. In the Moves and Turn panels you can see exactly what the opponent did. (You have to speak Coordinatish of course but that is still a breach of security.)

Nichlas

RE: I see what you did there - MatthewStephenson - 01-08-2021

Hi Nicholas,
Thanks for letting us know.
That should be fixed in the next release.
Cheers,
Matthew

RE: I see what you did there - slimy_asparagus - 01-21-2021

(01-08-2021, 02:21 PM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi Nicholas,
Thanks for letting us know.
That should be fixed in the next release.
Cheers,
Matthew

Matthew,

I am still seeing the moves displayed:

[Image: pic5932788.png]

RE: I see what you did there - MatthewStephenson - 01-21-2021

Hi,

The issue was that we only hide the move in the Moves/Turns tab if the entire site is hidden. In your game description you only hide the "What" of the site.

We are looking into if its possible for us to only hide the relevant parts of the move in the Moves/Turns tab, but this will probably be a complex task.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: I see what you did there - slimy_asparagus - 01-21-2021

(01-21-2021, 01:06 PM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi,

The issue was that we only hide the move in the Moves/Turns tab if the entire site is hidden. In your game description you only hide the "What" of the site.

We are looking into if its possible for us to only hide the relevant parts of the move in the Moves/Turns tab, but this will probably be a complex task.

For the time being, we will hide the non-player moves completely in the tabs if the game uses hidden information.

Cheers,
Matthew

Matthew,

Thanks. Maybe I should be hiding more anyway.