Ludii Forum
Ex nihilo (beta) - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Ex nihilo (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=323)

Ex nihilo (beta) - Michael - 12-08-2020

This submission comes in the form of praise and a question.

Praise first: I love the Ludii language. It is so expressive, and almost everything I can think if is possible, or a few updates away from possible. There are so many powerful concepts in this language, and I often find it natural and pleasurable thinking in terms of them. Thank you! Working on this game has been fun, and I am proud to have finally made it (though mistakes can of course have been missed..). 

The question: Is it ok to submit a game in order to be able to test it? My game has not been played between people, and not by anyone other than me, so it might need to change in the future. What I am submitting is the most promising version of it in my eyes.

(Edit: I am almost 100% certain I pressed "Remove" (to remove an earlier version of the .lud) when this got posted. Luckily, I think I am finished writing. And the .lud is now the correct one.)

RE: Ex nihilo (beta) - cambolbro - 12-09-2020

Hi,

Is it ok to submit a game in order to be able to test it?

Absolutely! We will assess your submitted game and let you know if we have any questions about it or find any errors. 

Once the .lud is stable we'll put it in the "lud/experimental" folder in the Ludii collection so others can play it, or if it's a well known public domain game then maybe straight into the appropriate folder for its category.

Note that we can't include .lud for proprietary games in the public release without permission from the owner.

Regards,
Cameron

RE: Ex nihilo (beta) - cambolbro - 12-09-2020

...and thanks for the words of support!

It's great to hear that you're enjoying working out how to define games in the Ludii language. We also love it, it's a game in itself :)

Regards,
Cameron

RE: Ex nihilo (beta) - Michael - 01-19-2021

Ex nihilo is no longer in beta. The attached file is the "final" version.

RE: Ex nihilo (beta) - Michael - 01-19-2021

The Ludii player has a slight problem with this, by the way. When playing human vs. AI, the pause-button doesn't change back to play after the AI has made a multi-move turn. So you have to press the pause-button to be able to input your move.

RE: Ex nihilo (beta) - Eric Piette - 01-19-2021

Hi,

We detected a problem in the mover associated to each move when the ludeme (forEach Piece ...) is used for the pieces owned by the neutral player. We fixed it.

After fixing that, we were not able to replicate the bug you mentioned, so maybe that is now fixed. When the next release will be available with that game included in it, can you check again if you can still make it to happen and keep us aware?

By advance thank you.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Ex nihilo (beta) - Michael - 01-21-2021

(01-19-2021, 12:08 PM)Eric Piette Wrote: We detected a problem in the mover associated to each move when the ludeme (forEach Piece ...) is used for the pieces owned by the neutral player. We fixed it.
Is this related to the issue where, when playing human vs. Ai, only legal moves involving my pieces are marked as legal? I have to switch to AI to se the moves involving neutral pieces.