Ludii Forum
Ludii in Remote - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Ludii in Remote (/showthread.php?tid=319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-09-2020

Hi Quentin,

If you rejoin the game do you still have the same problem?
When I join as a spectator I see the final 7th ball correctly.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-10-2020

Now that works. Strange.

To test, i play a move. It works. But, then, my opponent cannot move: the bug returns.

On its screen, it is always my turn.

I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I changed of game around the time he played. Could it be possible that if a spectator enters or leaves at some point in the game when a player do a move, it could create the bug? If not, then that shouldn't be the cause, because the other times I didn't change of game in progress.

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-10-2020

Hi Quentin,

I don't think a spectator joining the game should affect anything, but its hard to know for sure.

We have just released a new v1.1.9 release. If possible could you try the game again with this version?

If you are still having trouble please let me know.

Cheers,
Matthew

The game is not visible in this version or it is finished.

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-10-2020

Hi Quentin,

No you will need to replay the game if you want to use v1.1.9

If you managed to continue with 1.1.8 then this is fine.

Cheers,
Matthew

(12-10-2020, 07:27 PM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi Quentin,

No you will need to replay the game if you want to use v1.1.9

If you managed to continue with 1.1.8 then this is fine.

Cheers,
Matthew

Ah, ok. I have already replay the game.

By the way. There were several bug, but I'm not sure this is a real problem. I have seen this kind of error several times in several matches that went well: no visible consequences.

See the join screenshots.

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-11-2020

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for pointing them out.

Yes they are harmless errors from the remote dialog that we already handle. But printing them to the console in the release versions of ludii is probably not neccessary.

I'll try and remove them for the next version.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-12-2020

There is a problem in the game 541. My opponent plays but i have not received its move.

In addition, it says me that: "Ludii allowed my to reenter my last move I6-I7".

Moreover, it says me that: "The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database. (262:181864)".

The trick "Quit, restart, reconnect" seems to solve the problem. Maybe, if my opponent had try to play a second time, this would have crash the game.

The problem continue several moves after ("My last move was "47. (Move J4-I4)". Have you received it?"). Restart solves it.

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-14-2020

Hi Quentin,

Currently our records show that this game is already over. Is this correct?

I can't see any problems with the game in our records, but just to confirm that I am understanding your issue:

Sometimes when your opponent (JohannesSchwagereit) makes a move, you do not receive this move and they get the message "The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database ...".

Is this correct?
Do you know if they ALWAYS get this message when this happens?

If so, then the problem is likely caused by the play hashcode checks. We perform this check to confirm that the move is being made by the correct player. Logging out and back in again will generate a new hashcode, which is likely why that fixed the problem.

If it happens again please let me know.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-14-2020

Hello,

Effectively, we have finished our game.

Sometimes when my opponent (in this last bug occurence, it is JohannesSchwagereit) makes a move, I do not receive this move and my opponent could get the message "The submitted player hashcode does not match that stored in the database ...". (I do not know if my opponent get this message at each time). And my opponent had the possibility (at least graphically) to play a new move whereas he had just played which is illegal (in Clobber).

I will let you know the details if it starts again.
Quentin