Ludii Forum
Ludii in Remote - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Ludii in Remote (/showthread.php?tid=319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-09-2020

Apart from the fact that in these matches one of the players played a move and the other didn't receive it, I don't think so.

I will be very careful with all the details if something goes wrong in the matches I have today.

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-09-2020

Hi Quentin,

Just letting you know that we have released a new version of Ludii v1.1.8, which includes additional error messages to help us try and fix your issue.

If possible, please try out this version for some of your future games.

Cheers,
Matthew

Thanks. 

We have tried to continue our match 469. It is at my opponent to move. If i enter, it is ok. If my opponent enter after me and moves, that raises errors. We have tried two times. I have the end of the first terminal error, which was very long, but it seems periodic (first screen capture). And the second try, which is different (second screen capture) and includes terminal and ludii app error.

If we have time, we retry with 1.1.8.

I also had issues with andew.lin this morning. I created several games, but he tells me he can't see them (games 502, 505, 506 in 1.1.7 and 503 and 504 in 1.1.8).

It says also: "For some reason it won't let me create a game, the button does nothing and closes the dialog window.".

Hi Quentin,

Thank you I can see the problem.

Our records show that after the current state of the game you show, player 2 was apparently able to add a dot to site 83, which is not a legal move.

Did you or your opponent notice anything strange about this?
Does your opponent recall making this move?
Did they also try to make a queen move before this, as that move may have been lost when being sent?

We will try looking into what may have caused this.

In the meantime I have undone this move for the game. You should be able to join and continue playing it. Please let me know if it happens again.

Cheers,
Matthew

(12-09-2020, 01:16 PM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi Quentin,

Thank you I can see the problem.

Our records show that after the current state of the game you show, player 2 was apparently able to add a dot to site 83, which is not a legal move.

Did you or your opponent notice anything strange about this?
Does your opponent recall making this move?
Did they also try to make a queen move before this, as that move may have been lost when being sent?

We will try looking into what may have caused this.

In the meantime I have undone this move for the game. You should be able to join and continue playing it. Please let me know if it happens again.

Cheers,
Matthew

I have not the details. I think that its previous move was lost, but i am not sure.

However, it seems that there is a linking problem with game 516 (in Ludii 1.1.8). In this game, my opponent plays a move, which is shown in our respective Moves tab, but on our two boards, the last move is missing.

Hi Quentin,

Thanks I'll look into it

Just to keep you updated. We have added several additional checks to try and prevent additional moves being made out of being read out of order. We hope to have a new release with these fixes out tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you see any more issues please let me know.

Cheers
Matthew

Hi Quentin,

Could you please attach a screenshot showing the problem? When I spectate the game everything appears correct.

Cheers,
Matthew

(12-09-2020, 04:41 PM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi Quentin,

Could you please attach a screenshot showing the problem? When I spectate the game everything appears correct.

Cheers,
Matthew
See attach screenshot. In looking more attentively, it seems that a move has been duplicated.

Hi Quentin,

I don't see any screenshot. Maybe you forgot to attach it after uploading it?

However, a duplicate move would be consistent with our own analysis of what might be causing the problem. The new version tomorrow should hopefully address this.

Cheers,
Matthew

Sorry. It is here.