Ludii Forum
Ludii in Remote - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Ludii in Remote (/showthread.php?tid=319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-08-2020

Hi,

Quote:The game 469 crash. If i do not forfeited, can the game be repaired or we must replay the same moves ourselves ?

Once the game has been forfeited by a player it cannot be easily restarted. I would suggest making the same moves again yourself.

However I am still trying to fix the problems you are having, so please let me know if it happens again and don't forfeit the game, and I will try to fix it.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-08-2020

In the game 469 which has crashed, the following bug <writing in the consol in cycle: "received move was not legal: ..." (where i think i try to redo the move without succes) each time where i connect to him (i.e. clic on it in the remote window), after loggout remote mode> has been repaired when i go to another game (maybe a spectator game).

(I do not know if the game has been completely repaired: my opponent must move and i don't know for now if he can do it).

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-08-2020

Hi Quentin,

I just had a look at game 469 on our server and I can't see anything out of the ordinary. All recorded moves are legal and currently the game is waiting for player 2 to make their move.

Could you please clarify a few points.

Quote:In the game 469 which has crashed

What do you mean by the game has crashed? Did the app freeze? Did the app unexpectedly close?

Quote:the following bug <writing in the consol in cycle: "received move was not legal: ..." (where i think i try to redo the move without succes) each time where i connect to him (i.e. clic on it in the remote window), after loggout remote mode> has been repaired when i go to another game (maybe a spectator game).

To make sure I understand. Are you saying that you were getting the console message "received move was not legal: ..." multiple times even after trying to rejoin the same game from the remote dialog. And that the problem was only fixed after you logged out and back in again?

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-09-2020

I am not remember exactly, i think that the problem was for my opponent and he was not give me the details. No problem in my side.

But I tried to see if logging out of the online mode could solve the problem. However, I then noticed in the console that there was a long series of messages of the type "received move was not legal: ..." (as if the game tried to rebuild the game without success ; maybe in the graphical board game, there were a series of different states, but I may be confusing with the game of surakarta that bugged). When disconnecting, it stops looping messages. I logged out again and then logged in again to see if the messages reappeared or if that fixed this new problem, but to no avail. I tested several times, also closing the app, no difference. It was only when I went from the buggy game to another game in remote mode (spectator and / or player) that by then directly returning to the buggy game that it no longer caused the apparently loopy message.

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-09-2020

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for the extra details, and your assistance with finding and fixing this issue.

I'll try to look into what could be the cause of this.
As far as I can see there are were no illegal moves made in that game.

If this or any other problem happens again please let me know.

Cheers,
Matthew

(12-09-2020, 07:41 AM)MatthewStephenson Wrote: Hi Quentin,

Thanks for the extra details, and your assistance with finding and fixing this issue.

I'll try to look into what could be the cause of this.
As far as I can see there are were no illegal moves made in that game.

If this or any other problem happens again please let me know.

Cheers,
Matthew

It was in the game 461 in which I have already encounter this problem (error message in the terminal after trying to reconnect to see if it solves the problem but creates the "cycle" terminal message). In addition, the board game changes in cycle between different states, maybe it tried to reconstuct the game from the start without succes.

Hi Quentin,

I'll take a look at 461 now

Hi Quentin,

Game 461 is already over, so I cannot check it now.
The trial for the game that we have stored on our server doesn't contain any illegal moves, as far as I can see.

If you see anything like this again that isn't fixed by trying to rejoin the game please let me know.

Also if you could attach a screenshot showing the problem, this might help me find the cause faster.

Cheers,
Matthew

We have already spoke about this game but only of the message associated with the crash (see my message #19 of this thread).

Hi Quentin,

Okay thanks. I understand now.

Was the repeated "received move was not legal" / "out of sync with the server" messages the only issue you were experiencing?

The "received move was not legal" message indicates that when fetching a move from our server, your local instance believed that this move was not legal. It should also print which move this was, so if you get it again please attach a screenshot showing it.

The "out of sync with the server" message is just a result of this, as your local instance believed the move was invalid, so it did not apply it, and so is out of sync.

Cheers,
Matthew