Ludii Forum
Ludii in Remote - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ludii Player Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Ludii in Remote (/showthread.php?tid=319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-06-2020

Hello,

I has played another game in remote mode for the Olympiad and there was been a bug. My opponent has encountered the following problem:  "Your local game state is out of sync with the server, please re-join this game from the remote dialog.". And the game has vanished from the remote window for the two player. So he couldn't resume the game.

If this problem cannot be corrected, it would be useful to be able to save the current state of a game online and then load it.

Given the many technical problems currently encountered. It would also be useful to be able to change the time limit during a game. Eventually, one player makes a proposal for each player's time limit and the other accepts it.

Thank you.
Quentin

It happened again.

RE: Ludii in Remote - MatthewStephenson - 12-07-2020

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Could you please tell me the Game Id of the network game(s) where this happened? Or else the name of the game and the usernames of the people playing it.

Also if you noticed anything unusual or in common between these occurrences that might help us locate the source of the problem.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Ludii in Remote - Quentin Cohen-Solal - 12-07-2020

This problem occurred in the first ou second tentative with zxkyjimmy: it is the game id 389 or 390 (but i am almost sure that it's the 389) for Othello.

It happens for two matches with another player at Amazons, i will try to find the other informations.

The second player is A.m.o.r.

RE: Ludii in Remote - A.m.o.r - 12-07-2020

The second player's username is A.m.o.r
(No dot in the end)

Hi Quentin,

Thank you. 
I can see in game 389 for Reversi that the game ended without any reasonable cause.
The only difference I can see if that for your games AI agents are allowed, and I assume you were indeed using your AI in all cases where this happened?
We will look into possible reasons why this might be affecting the game.

If you know of any case where this problem occurred without the use of an AI agent in Ludii, please let me know.

Cheers,
Matthew

Another crash at Breakthrough with akeem593 (game id: 411).

(same error)

We have start a new game and Ludii has been frozen (only one player) and the game has vanished (maybe the game number was the same as the previous, but i am not sure).

There is a problem with the number id. For our new game try, my opponent have game number 412 and me 414.

Hi,

We have just released a new version of Ludii (1.1.7) which records more information when a game ends, that will hopefully help us narrow down the cause of some of your games ending prematurely. Could you please try out this new version and let us know if you get the same issue again.

Quote:There is a problem with the number id. For our new game try, my opponent have game number 412 and me 414.

In our records, game 412 has already finished (likely the same "finishing early" problem that we are trying to find the cause of). Game 414 is still being played.

Cheers,
Matthew

Our match is still in progress. I assume that I have the right number and that my opponent has the wrong one. Maybe it's because since the previous crash I relaunched my Ludii app and he didn't.

We will test the 1.1.7.

Thank you.

I have not yet test the 1.1.7 (i must adapt my code before). But, I have more details about the id bug number. I have created a game. Its id is 417. My opponent see the game in the remote window with the same correct number. But when it join, it is mark at 414 on the board window (the id is however always correct in its remote window).

Hi Quentin,

Quote:But, I have more details about the id bug number. I have created a game. Its id is 417. My opponent see the game in the remote window with the same correct number. But when it join, it is mark at 414 on the board window (the id is however always correct in its remote window).

Thanks for pointing this out. It might just be a visual issue on the board window. I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Matthew

Hi,

A quick update that I have confirmed the issue with the game Id on the board view. The number there is not being updated as frequently as it should.

However, the number in the remote dialog is correct, so please use that one until this is fixed.

Cheers,
Matthew