Ludii Forum
Feedback on the documentation - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Questions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: About the Ludii Grammar (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Feedback on the documentation (/showthread.php?tid=275)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Feedback on the documentation - slimy_asparagus - 12-18-2020

Section 13.6.2 of the Language reference talks about the flips ludeme as relating to "value". As far as I can tell it has no relationship to value and actually relates to state. I suspect that this is simply a very informal and casual usage of the term "value" and may even date back to a time when  "value" was not a concept in Ludii. However I believe it could now be deeply misleading. Please could we get this section rewritten to be clearer with the relationship to "state" and indeed the "flip" ludeme spelt out.

RE: Feedback on the documentation - slimy_asparagus - 01-07-2021

In section 7.7.5 of the Language Reference it twice refers to the "The integer returned" when it should (I think) be the "boolean".

The corresponding text in section 8.8.4 avoids the issue by saying "The value returned". I think it would be nice if that said "The integer returned", although "value" is not wrong.

RE: Feedback on the documentation - Eric Piette - 01-07-2021

Thanks for that.
I just applied the corrections/improvements.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Feedback on the documentation - slimy_asparagus - 01-15-2021

In the language reference (section 10.3.2, p.251) the explanation of the (sites Occupied...) ludeme has an error I believe:

"[container:<int>]: The name of the container.

• [container:<string>]: The name of the container.

• [component:<int>]: The name of the component.

• [component:<string>]: The name of the component."

I assume that in the italicized words you mean "id" not name.

In section (16.8.1, p.316) I believe "(only valid with GraphStyle or is children" is  a typo and should be "(only valid with Graph Style or its children" or something like that. 

More over I don't think it is stated what the children of Graph style are. I know there is a list of board styles in section 16.9.3 but that does not document the relationships.

RE: Feedback on the documentation - slimy_asparagus - 01-15-2021

Also I believe the macros in appendix B are out of date. I pick as an example “StepForwardToEmpty”. In the document this is defined as

Code:
(define "StepForwardToEmpty"
(step
Forward
(to if:(in (to) (empty)))
)
)
However in the actual code loaded in the Editor it is turns out to be:

Code:
(move Step Forward (to if:(is Empty (to))))

RE: Feedback on the documentation - xenos1984 - 02-07-2021

In the Language Reference, section 9.6.3 isConnectType, the description in the table appears to be a copy of 9.6.2 isComponentType:

Code:
Value Description
Connected To check if a location is under threat.
Blocked To check if a specific piece is on the designed region.

RE: Feedback on the documentation - Eric Piette - 02-08-2021

Hi,

Thanks. Will be corrected for the next release.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Feedback on the documentation - slimy_asparagus - 06-23-2021

I note that in section 8.11.1 of the 1.2.1 version of the language reference (p. 169) it says "For iterating on teams." when it should say something like: "For iterating through levels at a site".

RE: Feedback on the documentation - Eric Piette - 06-23-2021

Hi,

Thanks for that, I updated the doc for the next release.

Regards,
Eric