Ludii Forum
Ludii Game Logic Guide typos - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ludii Features / Services (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ludii Game Logic Guide typos (/showthread.php?tid=252)

Ludii Game Logic Guide typos - QuaGamer - 11-12-2020

Thanks for publishing this!

I will review and submit comments. To start, on page 11:
"Edges     On if the game can played on the edges."
is missing the word "be"
On page 17:
The pronoun "his" referring to state is confusing. Using "its" instead would be clearer.
On page 24:
"As it can become tedious specify large numbers of exact vertex positions and edge pairs..."
is missing the word "to" between tedious and specify.
On page 29:
"Finally for the 3D games, Ludii handles all the compass directions for the same layer and the 8th most important compass direction for the downards and upwards directions: D, DN, DNE, DE, DSE, DS, DSW, DW, DNW and U, UN, UNE, UE, USE, US, USW, UW, UNW."
The th in "8th" should be removed and direction should be made plural. Also, is "downards" misspelled, or is the w left out intentionally? It looks like the 'w' has been left out consistently.
On page 35:
word choice typos: 
Topology object in associating... replace "in" with "by"
...also depend of that parameter. replace "of" with "on"
On page 43: 
"Ludii has three meta rules in his current version:"
Please change "his" to "its"
On page 44:
"Swap: Adding the swap move to the legal moves of the first turn of the players different of the first one."  
Replace "Adding" with "Add" and replace "moves of the" with "moves for the" and replace "different of the" with "different than the"
"NoRepeat: Filtering the "
Replace "Filtering" with "Filter"

"Here some examples of its used:" 
Change to: "Here are some examples of how it's used:"

"If they are not, the game will not compiled in warning the game designer of its mistake."
Change to: "If they are not, the game will not compile, giving a warning to the game designer of their mistake."

"Here some examples"
Change to: "Here are some examples:"

On page 46:
"For example, if the move m described by the list of actions L = h ActionRemove(20),
ActionMove(10, 20), ActionSetScore(1, 10) i moving a piece from the site 10 to the site 20, in
removing what is on the site 20 before to move and setting the score of the player 1 to 10. If
the decision action is the action ActionMove(10, 20), when the user clicks on the site 10 then
the site 20, the move m is selecting and the list L of actions is applied to modify the state si
to reach the state si+1.
Here, the list of the possible decision moves following by a short description:"
Change to:
"For example, the move m described by the list of actions L = h ActionRemove(20), ActionMove(10, 20), ActionSetScore(1, 10) i moves a piece from the site 10 to the site 20, removes what is on the site 20 before the move and sets the score of the player 1 to 10. The decision action is the action ActionMove(10, 20). When the user clicks on the site 10 then the site 20, the move m is selected and the list L of actions is applied to modify the state si to reach the state si+1.
Here is the list of the possible decision moves, followed by a short description:"

"(move Remove ...) Using to remove" Change to: "(move Remove ...) Used to remove"

Most of these changes are detailed wordsmithing. I could do more, but will stop for now :-)

RE: Ludii Game Logic Guide typos - Eric Piette - 11-12-2020

Hi,

Thanks I am going to look that.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Ludii Game Logic Guide typos - Eric Piette - 11-12-2020

Hi,

I applied all your corrections and updated the document online.
Thank you.

Regards,
Eric