Ludii Forum
<layers> and <layer> ludemes - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Questions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: About the Ludii Grammar (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: <layers> and <layer> ludemes (/showthread.php?tid=251)

Pages: 1 2

RE: <layers> and <layer> ludemes - Eric Piette - 11-16-2020

Hi,

Yes we did not implement any GUI for 3D game. I have no idea when that will be done, as you know that's not a priority for us for the moment. When we will start to look that (I guess in a long time) we can warn you here.

Regards,
Eric

RE: <layers> and <layer> ludemes - QuaGamer - 11-16-2020

Understood. Thanks.
FYI- documentation in the Ludii Language Reference, section 4.11.8 layers, states on page 80, under Remarks, "Layers are shown in isometric view from the side."
I thought this was already implemented.

RE: <layers> and <layer> ludemes - Eric Piette - 11-16-2020

Hi,

Ok thanks. I was not aware of that remark, I fixed it for the next release.

Regards,
Eric

RE: <layers> and <layer> ludemes - QuaGamer - 12-30-2021

I see you have implemented a simple "3D" game board for the 3D Tic-Tac-Toe game with 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 options. I played it and found some bugs in the win condition logic. It doesn't recognize diagonal wins that cross through all the layers. As a result a bot thinks it wins because it wasn't told the other player won.

Here are two examples saved as trials and screen shots: one is a long diagonal win connecting opposite corners of the cube, the other is a left face diagonal win connecting upper back corner with the lower front corner.

Oops! I now see that the rules say diagonals that cross layers are not recognized as wins.

Here is a different bug, regarding display of the win condition: in the unrecognized long diagonal win trial, it says player 2 won, but doesn't show the green dots in their vertical stack win (X) squares. This may be the case for all wins that cross layers.

RE: <layers> and <layer> ludemes - Eric Piette - 12-31-2021

Hi,

Yes, "For the lines between levels, the diagonals are not taken in account." So this is not a bug for that.

Concerning the green/red dots showing a win or loss conditions in all our games, this is working only for a few conditions (ludemes) which can be detected for which reason a player is winning/losing. So according to the description, some can't be detected. Here this is the case because such a "3D" line is not using a ludeme which can be detected.

Regards,
Eric

RE: <layers> and <layer> ludemes - QuaGamer - 01-19-2022

(11-12-2020, 12:03 PM)Eric Piette Wrote: Hi,

yes I never tried that with a 3D games, but I checked and we do not have a (sites Layer ...) ludeme. 
So with the current version you can not. I am going to add that to our dev version to publish it with the next release.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric,
Thanks for implementing the (sites Layer ...) ludeme.

Please confirm that this is a correct usage:
(regions P3 { (sites Layer 1) (sites Layer <Board>) } )
or, should it be:
(regions P3 { (sites Layer 0) (sites Layer (- <Board> 1) } )
?

I have a request: Can you give names to the highest and lowest layers in a 3D board similar to Top and Bottom for horizontal rows and Left and Right for vertical columns? I suggest 'Above' and 'Below' or 'Highest' and 'Lowest' for these layer names.

Hmmm. in my Qua_workaround.lud file, I used:
(regions P1 { (sites Top) (sites Bottom) } )
(regions P2 { (sites Left) (sites Right) } )

Do these ludemes get the Top & Bottom sites and Left & Right sites from all <Board> layers? Or, do these regions ludemes need to explicitly identify the layers that Top, Bottom, Left and Right apply to (and the default is layer 1 only)?

Also, please confirm that (sites Mover) returns all the sites that are in the regions to be connected for the player who is the current Mover, and not the sites currently owned by that player.

Thanks!

RE: <layers> and <layer> ludemes - QuaGamer - 05-21-2022

(01-19-2022, 12:05 AM)QuaGamer Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 12:03 PM)Eric Piette Wrote: Hi,

yes I never tried that with a 3D games, but I checked and we do not have a (sites Layer ...) ludeme. 
So with the current version you can not. I am going to add that to our dev version to publish it with the next release.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric,
Thanks for implementing the (sites Layer ...) ludeme.

Please confirm that this is a correct usage:
(regions P3 { (sites Layer 1) (sites Layer <Board>) } )
or, should it be:
(regions P3 { (sites Layer 0) (sites Layer (- <Board> 1) } )
?

I have a request: Can you give names to the highest and lowest layers in a 3D board similar to Top and Bottom for horizontal rows and Left and Right for vertical columns? I suggest 'Above' and 'Below' or 'Highest' and 'Lowest' for these layer names.

Hmmm. in my Qua_workaround.lud file, I used:
(regions P1 { (sites Top) (sites Bottom) } )
(regions P2 { (sites Left) (sites Right) } )

Do these ludemes get the Top & Bottom sites and Left & Right sites from all <Board> layers? Or, do these regions ludemes need to explicitly identify the layers that Top, Bottom, Left and Right apply to (and the default is layer 1 only)?

Also, please confirm that (sites Mover) returns all the sites that are in the regions to be connected for the player who is the current Mover, and not the sites currently owned by that player.

Thanks!

Do you have any answers for these questions? Thanks!