Ludii Forum
Mark Steere's Oust (2007) - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mark Steere's Oust (2007) (/showthread.php?tid=246)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Mark Steere's Oust (2007) - Michael - 11-11-2020

(11-11-2020, 09:30 AM)Eric Piette Wrote: If you think that's the capture part is more important than the group that makes sense.
I do. The game is also named after the capture move.

RE: Mark Steere's Oust (2007) - Eric Piette - 11-11-2020

Hi,

Ok perfect so ;)
I moved it.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Mark Steere's Oust (2007) - MatthewStephenson - 11-16-2020

Hi,

Regarding this comment:
Quote:Were I naive, I would think that the symbol shown on a site using (show Symbol "disc") would be perfectly aligned with what is shown when one adds a disc to a site during play.  This way I could show a gray disc with a black stroke on each site and play with discs with a transparent stroke in order to emulate a circular tile on a circular cell. I have worked around this and scaled the symbol by 0.98 and play with discs whose stroke color is the same as the fill color. But one can still see a slight disalignment. Can this be fixed?

The short answer is that the board and the pieces are drawn separately, which can lead to small visual differences like in this case here.

The longer answer is that the symbols are drawn as part of the board when it is rendered, and are considered a part of the board design from this point onward, any transformations that are done to the board image when it is drawn, such as scaling the board to fit within the display window, also apply to these images. However, the same transformations are not applied to the disc pieces, instead these pieces are drawn last, and are subject to their own transformation process (scaling, stacking, offsets, rotations, etc.). As a result, it can sometimes be the case that the two pictures will not line up perfectly, due to small rounding errors, floating point imprecision, additional transformations, etc.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Mark Steere's Oust (2007) - Michael - 11-16-2020

Ah. I see. Is there a better way to achieve this visual style, then?

RE: Mark Steere's Oust (2007) - MatthewStephenson - 11-16-2020

Hi,

If the desired effect is for the grey circles on the board to look like they have been filled in with colour, then I would recommend setting the scale of the pieces to 1.0:
(piece Scale 1.0)
and removing the transparent stroke colour from the pieces.

Complete graphics metadata is:

(graphics {
        (player Colour P1 (colour Red))
        (player Colour P2 (colour DarkBlue))
        (piece Colour P1
            fillColour:(colour Red)
        )
        (piece Colour P2
            fillColour:(colour DarkBlue)
        )
        (piece Scale 1.0)
        (show Symbol "disc" Cell (sites Board)
            fillColour:(colour VeryLightGrey)
            edgeColour:(colour Black)
        )
        (region Colour (sites Board) (colour 0 0 0 0))
        (board Colour InnerEdges (colour 0 0 0 0))
        (board Colour OuterEdges (colour 0 0 0 0))
    })

RE: Mark Steere's Oust (2007) - Michael - 11-16-2020

If I don't have the window in fullscreen it looks ugly:
[Image: pic5792097.png]
That's a deal breaker for me. I think it is best not to use these graphics, then.