Ludii Forum
Onyx - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Game Problems (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Onyx (/showthread.php?tid=1711)

Onyx - larry_back - 12-12-2023

I just became aware that my game Onyx is on this site.  I appreciate that.  Unfortunately, it seems that the winning condition has been misinterpreted by the program that enables playing the game.

The object for Black is to construct an unbroken chain of black pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the top of the board to one of the 12 points on the bottom of the board.  The object for White is to construct an unbroken chain of white pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the left side of the board to one of the 12 points on the right side of the board.  In other words, Black is trying to connect the top and bottom sides (the horizontal sides) and White is trying to connect the left and right sides (the vertical sides). 

According to the program, though, the object for Black is to connect the left and right sides (the vertical sides) and the object for White is to connect the top and bottom sides (the horizontal sides).  This is incorrect.  I just thought I'd mention this.

RE: Onyx - suzume - 01-03-2024

(12-12-2023, 02:28 AM)larry_back Wrote: I just became aware that my game Onyx is on this site.  I appreciate that.  Unfortunately, it seems that the winning condition has been misinterpreted by the program that enables playing the Buckshot Roulette game.

The object for Black is to construct an unbroken chain of black pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the top of the board to one of the 12 points on the bottom of the board.  The object for White is to construct an unbroken chain of white pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the left side of the board to one of the 12 points on the right side of the board.  In other words, Black is trying to connect the top and bottom sides (the horizontal sides) and White is trying to connect the left and right sides (the vertical sides). 

According to the program, though, the object for Black is to connect the left and right sides (the vertical sides) and the object for White is to connect the top and bottom sides (the horizontal sides).  This is incorrect.  I just thought I'd mention this.

I noticed this issue a few days ago. Hope they fix it ASAP.

RE: Onyx - Alain Busser - 01-03-2024

"They" should spell "we": anyone who is interested in ludii should be eager to correct the bugs. I did not have the time to look at onyx right now because I have other projects (phutball, fifangha) but anyone is welcome to enhance the games. Anyone!

RE: Onyx - lilycoll89 - 01-24-2024

(12-12-2023, 02:28 AM)larry_back Wrote: I just became aware that my game Onyx is on this site.  I appreciate that.  Unfortunately, it seems that the winning condition has been misinterpreted by the program that enables playing the game.

The object for Black is to construct an unbroken chain of black pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the top of the board to one of the 12 points on the bottom of the board.  The object for White is to construct an unbroken chain of white pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the left side of the board to one of the 12 points on the right side of the board.  In other words, Black is trying to connect the top and bottom sides (the horizontal sides) and White is trying to connect the left and right sides (the vertical sides).  bitlife

Your feedback is valuable and helps me improve the accuracy and quality of the information provided on this website.

RE: Onyx - play4ever - 02-03-2024

(01-24-2024, 03:29 AM)lilycoll89 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 02:28 AM)larry_back Wrote: I just became aware that my game Onyx is on this site.  I appreciate that.  Unfortunately, it seems that the winning condition has been misinterpreted by the program that enables playing the game.

The object for Black is to construct an unbroken chain of black pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the top of the board to one of the 12 points on the bottom of the board.  The object for White 5207418 is to construct an unbroken chain of white pieces that connects one of the 12 points on the left side of the board to one of the 12 points on the right side of the board. In other words, Black is trying to connect the top and bottom sides (the horizontal sides) and White is trying to connect the left and right sides (the vertical sides).

Your feedback is valuable and helps me improve the accuracy and quality of the information provided on this website.

What's the point of this?  [Image: dodgy.png] This is not feedback..it's a question!

RE: Onyx - kerios66 - 02-21-2024

monkey mart

Looks like the game got a little twisted! It's like trying to connect the dots but ending up with a whole new picture instead.      dreadhead parkour