Ludii Forum
Chu Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Seireigi Family, Shogi, and Yonin Shogi) - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Chu Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Seireigi Family, Shogi, and Yonin Shogi) (/showthread.php?tid=1597)

Chu Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Seireigi Family, Shogi, and Yonin Shogi) - RubixOne - 06-10-2023

Chu Seireigi is basically a middle ground to Seireigi and Dai Seireigi, akin to how Chu Shogi is a middle ground to Shogi and Dai Shogi. Its ludeme is attached below.

I also have an update for the ludemes for Seireigi, Dai Seireigi, Yonin Seireigi, Shogi, and Yonin Shogi.

Changes

All

Cleaned up the code involving unrestricted piece drops and spotting mate

Seireigi, Dai Seireigi, and Yonin Seireigi
  • Changed promoted Pawn from Golden Bird to Tokin to decrease the learning curve
  • Changed Running Chariot to Ram's-Head Soldier
  • Changed moves of Free Demon, Horned Falcon, and Soaring Eagle to make them slightly stronger
  • Dai Seireigi impasse threshold is now 62
  • Updated Rules text, adding a bullet point-style formatting to the Rules Text to increase readability
  • Fixed bug in Dai Seireigi preventing Side Movers and Vertical Movers from being able to be dropped

Yonin Seireigi and Yonin Shogi
  • Reverted stalemate to loss of turn in Yonin Seireigi
  • Fixed a bug causing Ludii to spot a false checkmate involving ranging pieces under certain circumstances, due to the CanNotMove function not considering drop interpositions
  • Refactored the old CanNotMove function to CheckPawnDropMate (it is now used to check for Drop Pawn Mate violations)
  • Updated Rules text to include the definition of ranks and files, which is different than those of normal Shogi

Shogi and Yonin Shogi
  • Changed the order of the pieces in-hand to be the same order that most other sites and apps use (Pawn, Lance, Knight, Silver, Gold, Bishop, Rook)

The updated ludemes are contained in the fixedludemes.zip file in order to stay within the forum's 5 file limit.

RE: Chu Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Seireigi Family, Shogi, and Yonin Shogi) - Eric Piette - 06-12-2023

Hi,

OK, I added/updated all these games except:
- Yonin Shogi, the file you submitted does not compile: Error: Missing an open bracket '(
- Shogi, which is part of our project, so I can't update it.

Thanks for all of this.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Chu Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Seireigi Family, Shogi, and Yonin Shogi) - RubixOne - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 11:43 AM)Eric Piette Wrote: Hi,

OK, I added/updated all these games except:
- Yonin Shogi, the file you submitted does not compile: Error: Missing an open bracket '(
- Shogi, which is part of our project, so I can't update it.

Thanks for all of this.

Regards,
Eric

Thank you. Chu Seireigi and Dai Seireigi are currerntly going through a refactoring phase. In the future some changes to these games will be made, as well as a refactoring of the promoted Silver General from Venomous Wolf to Running Wolf in all Seireigi family games.

In the meantime, here is the fixed Yonin Shogi ludeme: