Ludii Forum
Dai Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Yonin Seireigi and Yonin Shogi) - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Dai Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Yonin Seireigi and Yonin Shogi) (/showthread.php?tid=1582)

Dai Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Yonin Seireigi and Yonin Shogi) - RubixOne - 05-25-2023

Dai Seireigi is a large variant of Seireigi that is essentially a version of Chu Shogi that is designed to be played with the drop rule. It was conceived from wanting to make such a game that also incorporated the promotions from Seireigi. It took a bit of work, but I was successful.

The rules for the game are the same as in normal Seireigi, except that there are more pieces on a bigger board, the promotion zone is 4 ranks deep instead of 3, and the impassse rule (over-the-board play only) is adjusted as follows to account for the new pieces.
  • The minimum number of points needed to not lose during an impasse is 65.
  • Each Lion, Queen, Rook, Bishop, Vertical Mover, Side Mover, Phoenix, or Kirin, promoted or not, scores 5 points for the owning player, and all other pieces except Kings score one point each.

The following fixes and changes were made to Yonin Seireigi and Yonin Shogi (updated ludemes are attached below):

Fixes
  • (Both) The code for Pawn drops is cleaned up so that the relevant functions don't use any extraneous parameters to prevent future issues involving unused parameters
  • (Both) The code for removing the Kings has been cleaned up, removing the need for the second parameter in certain functions that needed it before.
  • Fixed a bug in Yonin Shogi where a stalemated King was not being removed when the stalemated player was to move
  • In Yonin Seireigi, stalemate is now a loss, but only takes effect once it is the stalemated player's turn to move, as in Yonin Shogi.
  • Yonin Seireigi's piece reappropriation rule is now clearer
  • (Both) Updated the Rules text to reflect the changes

RE: Dai Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Yonin Seireigi and Yonin Shogi) - Eric Piette - 05-30-2023

Hi,

Thanks for this.
All will be in the next release.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Dai Seireigi (+ Updates/Fixes for Yonin Seireigi and Yonin Shogi) - RubixOne - 05-30-2023

Thanks.

If you want, I can copy over the piece reappropriation code I use in Yonin Seireigi to the Yonin Shogi ludeme as well, this seems more in spirit with the nature of Shogi, as it ensures no piece goes entirely out of play. All I would have to do is copy over the relevant code and update the Rules text to reflect the changes.

I also discovered several bugs across several different Chess variant ludemes (ludemes affected so far: Glinski Chess, Tenjiku Shogi, Tai Shogi, and Hexshogi). I will discuss this in another thread, except to say that most of these (except for Hexshogi) have minor bugs with easy fixes. Speaking of which, where should I post bug reports and fixes for these?