Ludii Forum
Stargazers - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Stargazers (/showthread.php?tid=1573)

Stargazers - dale walton - 05-16-2023

This just missed your release...

New game Stargazers

Uses Line-of-Sight groups. Having an actual ludeme for this would probably speed it up.

RE: Stargazers - dale walton - 05-19-2023

Updated the method of defining the winner. Compare the number of 'unispired stones' fewer wins. Tie goes to the last mover.  This should be the same result as the original method.

some minor text changes and optimizations.
---------------------------------------------------
Another difference is double moves have been added and made standard for now. And now is reflected in the rules.

RE: Stargazers - Eric Piette - 05-22-2023

Hi,

Thanks for the submission.
I added for the next release.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Stargazers - dale walton - 05-25-2023

Thanks. Please put it in the Experimental category for now, I am working on a system to detect winning positions earlier, and it has a slight possibility of changing some rules slightly.

So far it is much heavier, but the games still seem better played with the earlier recognition of winning positions....

RE: Stargazers - dale walton - 05-28-2023

After a lot of work, tuning, elaborating, retuning, etc I think this is the final working version.

I think this is not experimental any more.  The only changes may be in terms of which board size and protocol is the most preferred.

RE: Stargazers - Eric Piette - 05-30-2023

Hi,

Unfortunately, something done in the description of this game makes it impossible to replay the trials generated for this game, making our tests to fail.
I did not have the time to look in details, but something in this description is unique and creates this bug, probably something related to random moves.

So for the moment, I can't add this game for the next release. If I find the time to look at it, I will let you know.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Stargazers - dale walton - 05-30-2023

One new thing I did was to use the (show Score <int>) to replace the score with a different value to the players, so that the ai heuristic score could use a heuristic score value to guide its play.
I also added remember statements and passed a name to them with define parameters, which might not be supported.

I also used the  (note) Ludeme

I think I have already used the board creation methods in games you have included,a nd in the earlier versions here. which also contain the while loop.

RE: Stargazers - dale walton - 08-01-2023

Another possible issue is Patterns that leave the board and return.

Please help to identify the actual issue you have with the game so that I can correct it. - It seems to work fine for normal use.

RE: Stargazers - Eric Piette - 08-01-2023

Hi Dale,

I will add this game for the next release despite the problem with our tests because I will not be able to work on Ludii for sure in the next month (holidays) and probably also in September (new position with new responsibilities = a lot of meetings).

However, from October (or slightly before), when I will be back at 100% on projects around Ludii, it is possible that I come back to you if I find the reasons of this problem.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Stargazers - dale walton - 08-02-2023

Thanks, I will also look at simplifying the logic to use 'safer' ludemes to see if that can help.