Ludii Forum
Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - Printable Version

+- Ludii Forum (https://ludii.games/forums)
+-- Forum: Suggestions (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Submit Your Games (https://ludii.games/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) (/showthread.php?tid=140)

Pages: 1 2

Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - dale walton - 08-17-2020

Attached find a version of my game Abr-bad, with size and move variants.

In the end, rather than trying to automate the end condition, I have assigned ending the game to be the user's choice, an equivalent earlier method for the game.
This method of ending a game is a bit unusual, and the timing is important in most cases, so it is an opportunity to blunder. However it works fine once you are used to it.

In any case, one will win if one ends the game when one has no more groups than the count of the regions that the groups divide the board into.

Enjoy.

PS - I did notice a player bug: Once I had tried (compiled) every option during a session, selecting options no longer switched them.

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - dale walton - 08-20-2020

Had comment from someone not liking the graphics already... What do you think? I can rework them, if you feel it would be better.
graphics already... What do you think? I can rework them, if you feel it would be better.

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - cambolbro - 08-21-2020

Hi,

The problem was that your option header contained '/' characters, e.g. "Step/Jump to first empty" which confuses our options format. The Parser now detects this and rejects such descriptions.

To fix the problem, remove any '/' from your option headers, e.g. change "Step/Jump to first empty" to "Step or jump to first empty".

Regards,
Cameron

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - dale walton - 08-21-2020

Thanks for checking it out and prevention. I will update it.
I updated it and hope you can use it.

Here are two files: one uses spaces, the other uses edges, both should be used with Show moves turned on, but it would be nice if that could be turned on for just the forced moves...

The edge version shows a player bug for the poly function on the triangular grid.  It only shows up on the large grid sizes. You may wish to fix that bug before using it. (the other version can be used first.)

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - dale walton - 08-30-2020

The Tri - grid bug is not just Limping, it also affects the shape when edge lengths are specified.

Note: the Hexagonal grid does not have this bug.

I am attaching an updated vertex version that works around the bug by mis-specifying the edge lengths to compensate for the bug. It will need adjustment  to the correct alternating edge spec when the bug is fixed.

Note. I also have used a transparent cell marker as a board background. Do you have a more standard method of adding a background color?

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - Eric Piette - 09-06-2020

Hi,

The latest file you shared here is the final version? Can I check it in order if no problem to add it to our games (with you in credits and author of course)?

Or should I check something else on it before?

For your question about the background, I will ask Matthew to answer to you, anything related to the GUI (here background) is his expertise.

Regards,
Eric

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - dale walton - 09-06-2020

Eric - Please check it for inclusion.

Please note that there is a bug in the triangular grid generator (and not in the hexagonal grid generator) that causes the board shapes to come out incorrectly, and I have accommodated for it in the program. Once the bug is fixed, the program can easily be adjusted to use the expected poly values formulas as per the ludii documentation.

Any suggestions for a better implementation would be appreciated, as I am only at the level of getting things to work, and don't know which approaches are sub-optimal.

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - Eric Piette - 09-06-2020

Ok I will check soon (in the week I guess) and come back to you after it.

Thanks for your use of Ludii :)

Regards,
Eric Piette

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - MatthewStephenson - 09-07-2020

Hi Dale,

Regarding the board background, no we don't have anything more standard right now, but we can add something in the next release to achieve this.

Cheers,
Matthew

RE: Submission of the game Abr-Bad - (Clouds and Wind) - MatthewStephenson - 09-07-2020

Hi Dale,

In the next release, you will be able to specify a board background using:

(board Background image:"square.svg" fillColour:(colour 136 161 252) edgeColour:(colour 136 161 252) scale:1.2)